Windows XP Service Pack 2: Install With Care

Discussion in 'News' started by flex22, Jul 25, 2004.

1. flex22

flex22 Gigabyte Poster

Windows XP Service Pack 2: Install With Care

The real surprise with Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2 isn't potential compatibility issues, but the mayhem that can occur when SP2 is downloaded onto a system.

Full Story: here

porta2_tags:

Comments

1. nugget
      nugget
      Thanks for that Flex, good to know.
    2. noelg24
      noelg24
      Does this mean I may need to get a new HDD? If its gonna cause all that sort of problems...oh crap I will have to tell Lou's mum not to download it until we visit her in September. She's already had to have her Win XP reinstalled due to serious Internet problems and I dont want it happening again. Damn I am going to need to make a CD or something as I feel many people who I know will be in the dark and have no idea what to do. what do you think guys? we have to think together to stop this from happening to the people we care about so much. who's with me?
    3. SimonV
      SimonV
      Yeah, maybe we could start a support group with counseling sessions to combat the mild depression that techs will surly suffer from yet another computer related issue.

Seriosly, to me its yet another MS are sending out bad software story that if you trail through the news forums you will see plenty of the same. I'll hold my breath to comment when SP2 is released into the mainstream.