Windows Vista Features Announced

Discussion in 'News' started by simongrahamuk, Jan 11, 2006.

1. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Windows Vista Features Announced

Microsoft has released official information on the features it's new desktop Operating System - Windows Vista will have.

To view the official website click here

porta2_tags:

Comments

1. _omni_
      _omni_
      the gui looks pretty sweet!
    2. arisen
    3. Bluerinse
      Bluerinse
      I notice that it's going to have Media Centre built in. I think that could be really cool in the future.
    4. arisen
      arisen
    5. Bluerinse
      Bluerinse
      Hmmm I can sense another law suit in the making :eek:
    6. JonnyMX
      JonnyMX
      Looks very pretty.

Will the BSOD look the same?
      I'm getting bored with mine.
    7. Phoenix
      Phoenix
      The key to greater productivity and utilisation is not quasi 3d windows (after all they are not true 3d)
      I read a big breif a few years ago when looking glass was first touted, including visiting a live demo site about a technology that used zooming techniques to increase desktop work area, say at 1600x1200 an entire word doucment might take up 6 pixles, you just zoom down to it when you want it and work away, but pan out to a massive view of 'everything'

no more stacked windows on top of each other etc
      it was a very impressive implementation, very clean, i just cant find a link at the moment!
    8. JonnyMX
      JonnyMX
      Phoenix, you're still wearing your Santa hat...
    9. MattyW
      MattyW
      I'm building a 3D interface for my final year engineering project. Looking glass seems very unusable to me. I'm not sure it's a useful feature for vista but will be interesting to see if anyone uses it.