Vista Prices Leaked

Discussion in 'News' started by tripwire45, Aug 29, 2006.

1. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Vista Prices Leaked

The Canadian Microsoft retail pricing page had the various versions of Microsoft Vista listed along with their SKUs. It immediately got taken down, but not before they were recorded for the world to see. Here is the big 'ole list. I busted out the abacus and converted all of the prices to USD. I'm such a nice guy.

Want to find out how much you'll be expected to shell out? Click Here.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
porta2_tags:

Comments

1. zimbo
      zimbo
      Are they nuts?? I mean they trying to get people to go legal (forcing is a better word) and they charge those prices?? Since we here are all pro's and must think of business and customers... Vista Business @ $341 is more likely what we will be installing for customers and doing MCP's worth! :eek:
    2. Baba O'Riley
      Baba O'Riley
      Hell's bells! I found out the pricing of OS X the other day for the first time and thought MS would do well to have a competitive pricing structure for Vista. This is no where near competitive. I wonder how this is going to affect the price of pre-built systems. Dell won't be able to sell Vista PCs for £300 based on the hardware requirements alone, installing Vista on it will add another £100 to the price as well.
    3. Boycie
      Boycie
      Personally, I can't see any home user (or business for that matter) in any rush to change over to XP Service Pack 3 :tongue

As Baba pointed out, this will have a knock on effect of Personal computers in general. Dell systems will probably be going out for mega money come Christmas time.

Si
    4. noelg24
      noelg24
      I am all for Vista but the prices are ridiculous...so until they drop to under £150 or less...I will stick with XP and Vista betas....