Supplier certification can give you an edge

Discussion in 'News' started by tripwire45, Sep 19, 2005.

1. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Supplier certification can give you an edge

Many employers are prepared to invest in training their IT staff in the latest supplier qualifications to keep their skills up-to-date. Although there is a risk that these staff could be poached, most are likely to want to stay with a company that offers training and development. But a growing number of IT professionals are prepared to pay for qualifications themselves, particularly when they are looking to change the direction of their career, or pursue skills that go beyond their current work.

For the complete news story, click Here

Certifications: A+ and Network+
porta2_tags:

Comments

1. Veteran's son
      Veteran's son
      Thanks for posting this news message, Trip! :)
    2. tripwire45
      tripwire45
      Thank moominboy. He's the one who suggested it to me.
    3. Boycie
      Boycie
      Good news all round really. When i was working at a big Automotive company they paid for me to stay away for various training and asked me to sign to say i would stay there for a year afterwards.
      As it says many people are prepared to pay for their own training but it is in the employers interest to make sure their staff are "clued up" on different technologies.
      It seems in the UK that there are just as many unqualified as qualified staff.
    4. Veteran's son
      Veteran's son
      Thanks for suggesting this article, moominboy! :biggrin
    5. moominboy
      moominboy
      :oops: :oops: :oops: aww shucks!