1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rogue/Suspect Anti-Spyware Products & Web Sites

Discussion in 'News' started by tripwire45, Nov 11, 2005.

1. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Rogue/Suspect Anti-Spyware Products & Web Sites

"Rogue/Suspect" means that these products are of unknown, questionable, or dubious value as anti-spyware protection. Some of the products listed on this page simply do not provide proven, reliable anti-spyware protection or may be prone to ridiculous false positives. Others may use unfair, deceptive, high pressure sales tactics to scare up sales from gullible, confused users. A very few of these products are either associated with known distributors of spyware/adware or have been known to install spyware/adware themselves.

To read more, click Here

Certifications: A+ and Network+
porta2_tags:

Comments

1. Bluerinse
      Bluerinse
      Yes very interesting Trip, it is quite amazing just how many people are trying to make a buck out of the poor suckers that get infected with malware.

It is probably worth pointing out that the site also recommends some programs, essentially the ones I would use...

Recommended programs comparison

And once you are rid of spyware, I would recommend installing this software Javacools Spywareblaster

Keep it up to date and it will *block* in real time thousands of known threats from infecting your PC.
    2. ffreeloader
      ffreeloader
      I wonder why Ewido was left off the list. It does a very good job getting rid of malware that Adaware, Spybot S&D, Pest Patrol, and some others leave behind. It's also very good killing any malware that lives in memory, which most anti-malware/spyware is not good at. It's not free, but it sure keeps systems free of junk.