Microsoft adds Facebook support to Outlook

Discussion in 'News' started by Mr.Cheeks, Jul 14, 2010.

1. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

Outlook Social Connector integrates social networking site into email program

Microsoft has launched Outlook Social Connector, a tool that allows Facebook users to view the social networking site as they use their emails.

The plug-in allows people to view status updates, wall posts and photos alongside emails, as well as add friends using the Outlook People Pane. Updates are available in real time, but there is no option to update information through Outlook at present.

To read the rest of the article, click here...

porta2_tags:

Comments

1. Boycie
      Boycie
      blimey, more calls!
    2. UKDarkstar
      UKDarkstar
      Yeh, saw this. Doesn't let you post (email) direct to your Facebook account tho (maybe yet !) and not sure about multiple Facebook accounts either.

How long before it's MS Facebook ?! :eek:
    3. zebulebu
      zebulebu
      Wonder how many places this will be an issue - since nearly everywhere I have worked in the past four years filters Social Networking sites? Is there going to be an 'off' button that you can switch between via GPO inside business hours? :biggrin
      Last edited: Jul 14, 2010
    4. mcbro
      mcbro
      I tried this along with the new beta messenger that intergrates with Facebook. Uninstalled both, i found it annoying.
      If i want to check things on facebook, ill log on to facebook.
    5. Josiahb
      Josiahb
      If anyone asks for it here the answer will be the same as the repeated calls from some to have their desktop replaced with a laptop (seriously, they never work outside the office wtf?).

NO
    6. dmarsh
      dmarsh
      I recently installed Digsby seems quite good way to keep updated on multiple social sites.