CompTIA Security+ Training Materials and Vouchers Available in CompTIA Store

Discussion in 'News' started by tripwire45, Feb 7, 2008.

1. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

CompTIA Security+ Training Materials and Vouchers Available in CompTIA Store

CompTIA Press manuals and vouchers for CompTIA Security+ are now available on the CompTIA online store. Study on your own with quality materials from CompTIA Press, or use the materials to supplement classroom training.

Earning CompTIA Security+ proves that you have the knowledge necessary to combat security risks at your company. More than 80 percent of respondents to the 2007 CompTIA Security Study believe that security training for the IT staff has greatly improved IT security. Increased awareness and the ability of the staff to identify potential security risks proactively are most frequently identified as being the key benefits of training.

The study also found that human error, either alone or in combination with a technical malfunction, was blamed for almost 75 percent of IT security breaches (73.8 percent), with an average cost of more than $360,000 over a 12-month period.

CompTIA Security+ is a vendor-neutral certification that validates knowledge of communication security, infrastructure security, cryptography, operational security, and general security concepts. It is an international, vendor-neutral certification that is taught at colleges, universities and commercial training centers around the world.

Although not a prerequisite, it is recommended that CompTIA Security+ candidates have at least two years on-the-job networking experience, with an emphasis on security.

CompTIA Security+ is recognized by the technology community as a valuable credential that proves competency with information security. Major corporations such as Sun, IBM/Tivoli Software Group, Symantec, Motorola, Hitachi Electronics Services and Verisign value the CompTIA Security+ certification and recommend or require it of their IT employees.

For more information, visit certification.comptia.org/security+.

For vouchers and training material, visit store.comptia.org.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
porta2_tags:

Comments

1. GiddyG
      GiddyG
      The study guides are only available in the US and Canada though.

I hope to pass mine soon, so I can buy one of the T-shirts and wear it with pride down at the local pub. :twisted:
    2. Modey
      Modey
      You'll end up keeping it in the wardrobe the first time you are beaten up for wearing it. :)
    3. GiddyG
      GiddyG
      Heh heh... that never happened when I wore my A+ T-shirt out and about. You should have seen those 'chicks' fighting to get to me... 8)

<checks to make sure wife is not watching over his shoulder...>
    4. tripwire45
      tripwire45
      "Chicks", huh? :biggrin
      [​IMG]
    5. GiddyG
      GiddyG
      OMG! :ohmy They told me I was the 'special one'... all along they were two-timing me with Trip...
    6. tripwire45
      tripwire45
      You aren't "The One". :wink:
      [​IMG]
    7. BosonMichael
      BosonMichael
      Holy crap! $20 for a T-shirt?!? :blink
    8. GiddyG
      GiddyG
      Yeah... but it is sooo cool... innit? :biggrin

Come on guys... white on black is so now... you just gotta love the cut too.

Well worth the money... :twisted:
    9. derkit
      derkit
      Thats the same about the exam cost - Holy Crap £250!!
    10. BosonMichael
      BosonMichael
      With that perspective, I guess it's a "reasonable" expense. :p

(white on black IS cool...)
    11. dales
      dales
      Actually yet again $20 is about £10 here which isnt bad for a t-shirt as merch t-shirts (think bands etc) are normally at least £15 here. But then of course if it costs you £40 to get it shipped from the US then thats a bit different (oh yes and dont forget the VAT that you get stung for when the courier arrives at the door).