1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Apple's iOS 4 beams into unprepared world

Discussion in 'News' started by Mr.Cheeks, Jun 21, 2010.

1. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

First Look Apple's much-vaunted iOS 4 arrived Monday morning a few minutes after 10am Pacific time, and nearly an hour and a half later, we were finally able to complete downloading and installing Cupertino's latest and greatest mobile OS onto our iPhone 3GS.

Were its marquee features worth the wait — meaning both the 10-plus weeks since it was announced on April 8 (and renamed on June 7) and the painfully long installation time?

Yes and no. We first took a look at multitasking and the new folder interface, and the "no" part of our answer has more to do with third-party developers than it does with Apple.

Remember that multitasking — one of, if not the, most anticipated features of iOS 4 — is app-specific, meaning that developers need to add multitasking capability to their apps before users can take advantage of this new feature.

To read the rest, click here

porta2_tags:

Comments

1. Phoenix
      Phoenix
      Im not even sure why im installing it on my 3g
      i think the only reason is 'because i'm a bloody geek'

i get no ibooks, no multitasking, not even backgrounds on pages!!!
      and apparently it will slow my phone down even more..
      and takes over 2 hours to install (had to cancel earlier to head to a client site) *yawn*
      oh well, something to keep me occupied till Thursday!!!
    2. Sco0t
      Sco0t
      Just about jailbroken already aswell.