Windows Vista will be released December 1st

Discussion in 'News' started by tripwire45, Feb 8, 2006.

1. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Windows Vista will be released December 1st

Take this one with a grain of salt, gang. -Trip

Or November 30th. How do I know? Well, Microsoft EMEA has put up a website where you can guess the launch date for Windows Vista. After you submit a date, it plays a “hint” video. There’s actually a bunch of videos, some of which are quite funny. Anyway, here comes the interesting part: If you take a look at the page source, the videos are hosted on a Microsoft server in Switzerland. And depending on your guess, they are being loaded either from a subdirectory /early/ or another one named /late/. By simple iteration I quickly found that “early” ends Nov 30th while “late” starts Dec 1st. So either one of these will be the launch date. If this all is not a dirty little trick from the webmaster, of course…

Find the source article Here.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
porta2_tags:

Comments

1. arisen
      arisen
      they really should be releasing this year, so december 1st sounds about right????
    2. JonnyMX
      JonnyMX
      It'll be late...
    3. zimbo
      zimbo
      umm so?? :twisted: dont know about you guys but im not really excited about vista..
    4. JonnyMX
      JonnyMX
      Excited isn't really the right word...
      As a developer though I'm always intersted in new stuff.
      We've been playing with an old beta release for a while now and it'll be nice to see the full product.
    5. Kitkatninja
      Kitkatninja
      So when is the next version of Windows (post Vista) coming out? Can't wait for that one :rolleyes:
    6. noelg24
      noelg24
      haha that would be what their calling Vienna...I would guesstimate another 5yrs maybe more...