Windows Vista: One Year Later

Discussion in 'News' started by tripwire45, Feb 10, 2008.

1. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Windows Vista: One Year Later

For many in the IT profession, January 30, 2007 was a day that will live in infamy. If you've blocked it from your memory, that's the day that Windows Vista was launched and available for purchase in stores and in new PC systems. And there was much rejoicing...Not! Of course, with every new major release of Windows, there has been the usual kvetching and moaning about how much more memory it will suck up, what programs are going to become incompatible, what hardware will stop working, et cetera. We saw it when we made the 16-bit to 32-bit transition from Windows 3.1 to Windows 95, the NT platform migration from Windows 95/98/ME to Windows XP, and now finally with Vista.

Full story at Linux Magazine.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
porta2_tags:

Comments

1. Sparky
      Sparky
      A linux website talking about Vista, this will be fair... :biggrin

Also you need to sign up to read the article..
    2. greenbrucelee
      greenbrucelee
      What a rip, just like vista :D
    3. tripwire45
      tripwire45
      Sorry about that. I registered with Linux Mag some time ago and automatically get to read the articles. I don't seem to receive any spam from them...just a summary of articles their magazine has published (including this one) once a month.

Funny...people on the Linux forum I belong to haven't complained. :wink:
    4. The_Geek
      The_Geek
      Ditto.