Watch out for brain dump test prep sites

Discussion in 'News' started by tripwire45, Sep 27, 2006.

1. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Watch out for brain dump test prep sites

In the crowded IT professional market, where having more than a passing familiarity with open source software can open doors to better jobs, few people will argue the benefit of acquiring open source training and certification. But watch out where you get your training information from. Many people choose to become certified in open source software in order to increase their professional marketability or simply for their own edification. Though certification program creators typically recommend against it, most will allow people to sit for a certifying exam without requiring pre-test coursework. There are various methods of preparing for a certification exam, with the most popular being online, textbook, and hands-on study.

Find out more about the hazards of using brain dumps at NewsForge.com.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
porta2_tags:

Comments

1. Bluerinse
      Bluerinse
      I couldn't agree more!
    2. Theprof
      Theprof
      I agree 100%, and I will explain why from my experience.

In school taking my program Computing support which included cisco, mcsa, a+, n+ I was probably one of the top students because I used to study a lot, but my weakness was the hands on experience. so I worked hard on the practical aspect of the course, pretty much configuring routers, fixing and building pc, playing around with networks, setting them up, etc untill I got good at it. Starting out my first job (which I am doing now btw) I was at the buttom, in a sense where I knew the least out of all the IT pros that were there and there were only about 4 IT professionals. Good thing I practiced alot with hands on experience because this is what made me a strong candidate for this position, I can now say honestly I am doing very well and my boss is happy which makes me happy as well.

From making my owne observation the employer hire's you do to your potential, if he/she see's your potential, chances are you are going to get hired.

To get back on track this was a good post trip, nice find.
    3. Bluerinse
      Bluerinse
      I agree with your quoted passage but I did not write that :rolleyes:
    4. Theprof
      Theprof
      lol ye sorry Bluerinse, I made an error, I got it from the text tripwire posted, but accidentily clicked on the quote button from your posting
    5. Bluerinse
      Bluerinse
      hehe never mind worse things have happened at sea :biggrin