Vista Is More 'Flawless' Than Windows XP – But By How Much?

Discussion in 'News' started by tripwire45, Jul 19, 2007.

1. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Vista Is More 'Flawless' Than Windows XP – But By How Much?

An e-mail vulnerability, memory corruption, and the potential for hijacking via spoken command. These are some of the security holes that have shown up already in Vista. Still, though, by virtually all accounts, Vista is a whole lot safer than Windows XP, its immediate predecessor. XP continues to await significant fixes in SP3, an update now delayed by Microsoft until 2008. As witnessed by Symantec's 11th Annual Security Threat Report, Microsoft was already doing a better job than other OS vendors at fixing security flaws during the second half of 2006. Yet nobody in the industry is likely to ever forget the myriad security problems that cropped up in XP early on, before the release of SP2 back in 2005.

Read the entire article at the Symantic Solutions Center.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
porta2_tags:

Comments

1. BosonMichael
      BosonMichael
      "More flawless"? How can something have less flaws than something flawless? "More/less flawed", perhaps... but "more flawless?" :blink

That's just so grammatically... wrong. :dry
    2. tripwire45
      tripwire45
      Hey. I didn't write it...I'm just reporting it. :wink:
    3. BosonMichael
      BosonMichael
      Yeah, I know... that's why I didn't laugh at you and call you names. :p
    4. UCHEEKYMONKEY
      UCHEEKYMONKEY
      Symantec's??

Are these the same people who bought out Nortons products?

I tried their internet security and it was crap, completely locked my system and after I removed it and replace it with AVG freebie it found loads of stuff Symantec's did not pick up on!

I don't know trip is this report correct or taking with a large pinch of salt??

At first I was not sure about using Vista, but I must say it does seem to be more stable and more secure than WinXP SP2. i have had countless problems with their updates such as SVC host errors or smart card conflicts :8)
    5. JonnyMX
      JonnyMX
      Vista is perfect.
      Not sure what your point is...

:biggrin
    6. BosonMichael
      BosonMichael
      It might be perfect...

...but it's not MORE perfect. 8) :biggrin