Ubuntu On The Business Desktop

Discussion in 'News' started by tripwire45, Nov 16, 2005.

1. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Ubuntu On The Business Desktop

I work as a consultant in a Windows-centric work-place and we remotely administer Windows servers. We trouble-shoot Windows clients. We keep spammers out of our Exchange servers. We defrag. We update. We install antivirus programs. We eliminate spyware. I suppose it would be fair to say that Microsoft keeps us in business. One day, while the boss was away, I shoved a spare hard-drive into my computer and installed Ubuntu 5.04. I managed to work for a month and a half before the Boss noticed I was using Linux - and that was only because he happened to glance at my screen. Half a year later, I am still using Ubuntu (now version 5.10) at work and I am more productive than ever. My name is Simon, I am a Linux addict, and this is my story.

To read Simon's story, click Here.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
porta2_tags:

Comments

1. Bluerinse
      Bluerinse
      Great reading for those interested in Linux, this guy is good and pushes the boundries of what you can do by using Linux in a Server 2003 envornment. Cool hey 8)