The UK's First Virtualisation Expo Event 08

Discussion in 'News' started by Kitkatninja, Aug 8, 2008.

1. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

The UK's First Virtualisation Expo Event 08

EVENT OVERVIEW Virtualisation Management - VM'08

The impact of Virtualisation on the IT function is decisive and offers unparalleled opportunities for the enterprise from efficiency gains to cost reduction. Virtualisation will impact on so many fields of IT, from data centre automation, utility computing, green computing, security, business continuity, blades, to grid and SOA, making an independent and educational event essential for all companies looking to capitalise on the business benefits of virtualisation in an effective and controlled manner.
    Key themes covered will be:

1. Managing the 'virtual sprawl'
    2. Cost saving and capacity improvements
    3. Managing physical network convergence in a virtualised environment
    4. QoS on a virtual network
    5. Selection of tools and politics to manage virtual assets

To register for this event (1st & 2nd of Oct 2008, London), click here.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
porta2_tags:

Comments

1. zcapr17
      zcapr17
      I'll be there!
    2. Arroryn
      Arroryn
      I've signed up, so if anyone wants to car share (or maybe just sit next to someone they know on the train...) :biggrin
    3. Phoenix
      Phoenix
      Funnily enough,
      I probably won't be there
      pfft :)

About time they had some UK centric stuff going on though
    4. zebulebu
      zebulebu
      I'm there - not sure which day yet, but I'll definitely be at one. Most of the infrastructure I deal with is virtual, and its expanding rather than stagnating so I need to stay ahead of the curve. next year my main project is moving our DR Colo to the US and I want to look at SRM in detail so plan to spend a half day going through it with VMWare nerds. There's also some stuff I want to check out on backups (sick of ESXRanger and its instability and maybe looking for something better) and we're moving our production DB (and main cash cow) from NetAPp to EqualLogic in Q4 so might pick up some useful pointers on that.

Other than that - who's up for a meet up and a beer? None of you have ever seen my fat arse in the (not inconsiderable) flesh!
    5. slimshaney
      slimshaney
      I'll defently be there. you guys all meeting up going for a beer? :biggrin
    6. RickUK
      RickUK
      Yeah me too. I'll be coming up from the West Country on Wednesday morning, staying with a relative on Wednesday night and going back on Thursday night. Definitely would be good to meet. I'll send some private messages with contact details closer to the day.
    7. RickUK
      RickUK
      Sorry there haven't been any private messages with my phone number, as I had originally suggested. The truth is that several parts of my life are very disorganised for the moment so I need to get them sorted. I don't think that the expo is relevant enough to my needs for it to justify two days away from home.

But - to everyone who is going, have fun! I do hope that at least a few of you meet up.

Rick