The New Generation of Microsoft Certifications

Discussion in 'News' started by tripwire45, Jan 9, 2006.

1. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

The New Generation of Microsoft Certifications

Is this the end of the MCSE? Thanks to mrobinson52 for finding this story.

The new generation of Microsoft certifications is more specific and targeted to reflect the detail of what you do and to prove your expertise to those who need to know. Consisting of three series and four credentials, the new generation of Microsoft certifications provides a simpler and more targeted framework for IT managers to validate core technical skills, professional skills, and architectural skills. It also provides professionals in the IT industry with a more relevant, flexible, and cost-effective way to showcase their skills.

To read more, click here

Certifications: A+ and Network+
porta2_tags:

Comments

1. michael78
      michael78
      I think this is just repackaging their exams. Personally I would of liked them to keep the same format but revamped it in lowering the exams needed in passing especially the MCSE as I think 7 exams is way too much which Microsoft have basically admitted with this new structure. I'm a bit gutted being 50% through my MCSA and hopefully starting my MCSE afterwards as I think it will take the edge off these certs when the new ones are rolled out even though the new certs will start with Vista (I hope that's the case anyway and they aren't going to roll this out for 2003).
    2. zimbo
      zimbo
      i think it is the end of the mcse! :rolleyes: just hope they have a nice upgrade path!

BTW quick question: I just started my MCSE (270 end of the month) is it worth actually finishing?

EDIT:

Looking at THIS
      lets say its System Engineer instead of Database Admin... the exams are all going to have to be based on the NEW Server coming out sometime next year right? notice the upgrade path too! :dry
    3. _omni_
      _omni_
      this really isn't new news, is it?

4. michael78
      michael78
      The one thing I hope that Microsoft don't do is too up their exam prices with needing fewer exams to pass.
    5. MrDan
      MrDan
      Q. How much will it cost?

A. The price per exam will remain the same. Certification will become more cost-effective by providing more relevant and targeted credentials.

Do we believe them???
    6. simongrahamuk
      simongrahamuk
      Regardless of weather we believe them or not, the question is this:

Will you still look to persue certification?

8)
    7. michael78
      michael78
      The one thing that cheeses me off the most is the MCDST. This is a new cert from Microsoft I really think they shouldn't of released it and just started off on the new certs instead. I think with the MCDST being new it won't have time to really take off and will probably fade into obscurity...:x
    8. MrDan
      MrDan
      I'm actually looking to start my mcse and was wondering would I be doing the new generation or the old ones..... If i do the new ones will the training be any different?