Sun rises for Oracle in $7bn deal

Discussion in 'News' started by craigie, Apr 21, 2009.

1. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

Not able to post this in News as I don't have the rights, but thought you would like to know:

Oracle Corporation is to buy Sun Microsystems in a deal worth $9.50 a share, valuing Sun at over $7 billion.

The deal comes a fortnight after talks between IBM and Sun collapsed, following IBM's decision to significantly lower its offer.

It will give Oracle access to Sun's strategically important Java and Solaris technologies, which underpin the Oracle database.

"Oracle will be the only company that can engineer an integrated system - applications to disk - where all the pieces fit and work together so customers do not have to do it themselves. Our customers benefit, as their systems integration costs go down while system performance, reliability and security go up," said Oracle CEO Larry Ellison.

Read more here

Certifications: CCA | CCENT | CCNA | CCNA:S | HP APC | HP ASE | ITILv3 | MCP | MCDST | MCITP: EA | MCTS:Vista | MCTS:Exch '07 | MCSA 2003 | MCSA:M 2003 | MCSA 2008 | MCSE | VCP5-DT | VCP4-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCAP5-DCA | VCAP5-DCD | VMTSP | VTSP 4 | VTSP 5
porta2_tags:

Comments

1. Kitkatninja
      Kitkatninja
      Moved :)

Hmmm with that deal with IBM fallen thru, wonder who IBM is considering next? :)

-Ken
    2. craigie
      craigie
      Me....I'm cheap I would only charge them 1 Bill :D