Radical fabric is one atom thick

Discussion in 'News' started by Fergal1982, Oct 25, 2004.

1. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

Radical fabric is one atom thick" />

Radical fabric is one atom thick

A new class of material, which brings computer chips made from a single molecule a step closer, has been discovered by scientists.

Called graphene, it is a two-dimensional, giant, flat molecule which is still only the thickness of an atom.

The nanofabric's remarkable electronic properties mean that an ultra-fast and stable transistor could be made.

Full Story: Link

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
porta2_tags:

Comments

1. flex22
      flex22
      Interesting stuff indeed.
      I saw an example of how nanotechnology can be used on TV once.
      This guy was wearing nanotechnology trousers.Another guy poured beer all over these nano trousers.The guy wearing the trousers simply brushed off the liquid with his hand.Astounding.
      The nano trousers weren't stained and weren't even wet.Wahey, that'll save me so many washing cycles :morebeer :p
      Hmm I think a heard a dodgy plumber on 'Builders from hell' using buckyballs and naotubes to sound impressive lol.
      I'll put it in me diary then.

Thanks for the story Ferg.

:git