Overhaul for Firefox web browser

Discussion in 'News' started by simongrahamuk, Nov 30, 2005.

1. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Overhaul for Firefox web browser

Thanks to Arroryn for this:

By Mark Ward
    BBC News technology correspondent

The people behind Firefox are planning a big marketing push for the latest version of the open source web browser. Firefox 1.5 is due to be available for download on 29 November, marking the end of a thriving year for the browser. Analysts say Firefox has grabbed a 10% share of the browser market and it claims to have a core of 40-50 million dedicated users. Firefox maker Mozilla is now planning more regular updates and to take swift action on security lapses.

Read the rest of the story here

porta2_tags:

Comments

1. The_Geek
      The_Geek
      1.5 downloaded and installed both at work and at home.
    2. Boycie
      Boycie
      thanks Si, i will look forward to that :)
    3. Bluerinse
      Bluerinse
      Interesting, might have to give it another test drive. I have been using Opera for the last couple of months and I am really happy with it. I don't seem to suffer the same amount of problems accessing some sites that I did with FF.

Hopefully they have improved it's compatibility and stuck a cork in the memory leak.
    4. AJ
      AJ
      I did have a problem with 1.5 in that when trying to edit/write posts it would not give me access to the WISIWIG editor or the drop down lists.

Changed back to 1.07 and no problems. Probably just a bug that needs ironing out, but still a fan of the Fox.