On Microsoft Recertification Policy

Discussion in 'News' started by tripwire45, Jan 9, 2009.

1. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

On Microsoft Recertification Policy

One obvious question for those of you who invested loads of blood, sweat, tears, time, and money in earning your Microsoft certification is, "When will my credential expire?" Let's address that question today. In the past, it was always somewhat fuzzy to me in knowing (approximately or precisely) when Microsoft would announce the retirement of a Microsoft Certified Professional exam or credential. What I have taught my students historically is that you are normally safe for one revision of the technology under consideration. In other words, if you had earned your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) title on Windows 2000 Server, then you were safe until Microsoft develops two versions past this one.

More on this at InformIT.com.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
porta2_tags:

Comments

1. michael78
      michael78
      From what I gather you are certified at the level and version of software that you take your certs in for good so there is no recertification policy (Don't know about exams newer than MCSA/MCSE). The only time I would update my Microsoft exams is if my work requested it or I wanted to expand my knowledge.
    2. JonnyMX
      JonnyMX
      Not sure if I'm reading the article right...
      I knew that the 'new' certifications were linked to the lifecycle of the technology, but I'm not sure where he gets the technology-after-the-technology bit for MCSE etc. The MS FAQ says: