New Risks in 802.11n

Discussion in 'News' started by Kitkatninja, Jul 21, 2008.

1. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

New Risks in 802.11n

Along with the potential performance and coverage benefits of 802.11n come a few new security risks, says industry security guru Joshua Wright. Wright presented a Webinar last week that outlined several new vulnerabilities that high-speed 802.11n networks introduce.

Wright, who has spent a decade ferreting out wireless security attacks (Compare WLAN Security products), is an instructor for the SANS Institute, an information technology watchdog organization that offers information security training, certification and information resources. He’s also a senior security researcher at Aruba Networks.

Here are a few 802.11n vulnerabilities he highlighted:

To read the whole article, see here.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
porta2_tags:

Comments

1. NightWalker
      NightWalker
      There will always be security issues with wireless networks. Its par for the course. The better range you have on your access point, the more opportunity people have to gain access to your network without your knowledge.
    2. Mitzs
      Mitzs
      opps, I just posted this in the wireless forum. I'll ping ryan. Sorry wag.:biggrin
    3. Kitkatninja
      Kitkatninja
      That's ok, who am I to argue with the Ducktape Goddess :lol:

-Ken