New Entry-Level Cisco Certifications to Start Your IT Career

Discussion in 'News' started by Kitkatninja, Feb 1, 2023.

1. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

New Entry-Level Cisco Certifications to Start Your IT Career

Cisco Networking Academy and Cisco Learning & Certifications have teamed up to introduce two new entry-level Certified Support Technician certifications focused on entry-level tech job seekers, career changers, and even college and high school students.

Here’s what you need to know about Cisco’s two new certifications:

The Cisco Certified Support Technician (CCST) Cybersecurity certification validates entry-level Cybersecurity knowledge and skills to support and assist with tasks including security principles, network security and endpoint security concepts, vulnerability assessment and risk management, and incident handling.

The Cisco Certified Support Technician (CCST) Networking certification ensures successful candidates have the foundational knowledge and skills necessary to demonstrate how networks operate, including the devices, media, and protocols that enable network communication.
    These new certifications are perfect stepping stones that will pave the way to your next career move, leading you to internships and apprenticeships to start your tech career and validating knowledge and experience to build your qualifications. You’ll also have a clear roadmap to progress to higher certifications such as CCNA, Security, and CyberOps. Cisco supports you through your entire career by equipping you with the skills to advance your career, earn top dollar, and be a leader in the tech industry. The Cisco Learning Network offers you the chance to learn more about Cisco’s learning portfolio and certifications available today and to get involved with our active tech community.

Sign up for free training courses on Skills for All from Cisco Networking Academy. These training courses are free in an online, self-paced format that you can access anytime, anywhere. Learners also have the option to take instructor-led courses through a local academy.

Full Story here

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
    JK2447 likes this.
porta2_tags:

Comments

1. JK2447
      JK2447
      Cracking article and great to see Cisco focus on those early on in their careers, we all have to start somewhere
      Kopite_21 and Kitkatninja like this.
    2. Juelz
      Juelz
      Interesting, thanks for the info.. I wonder if this would be better than the N+