Nasa warns solar flares from 'huge space storm' will cause devastation

Discussion in 'News' started by Mr.Cheeks, Jun 15, 2010.

1. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

Britain could face widespread power blackouts and be left without critical communication signals for long periods of time, after the earth is hit by a once-in-a-generation “space storm”, Nasa has warned.

National power grids could overheat and air travel severely disrupted while electronic items, navigation devices and major satellites could stop working after the Sun reaches its maximum power in a few years.

To read the rest of the article, click here.

Any views on this guys?

porta2_tags:

Comments

1. dazza786
      dazza786
      we're all gonna die :cry:
    2. ThomasMc
      ThomasMc
      Sorry I wasn't implying that there would be any devastation, looks to me like the journalist has added a little flavour to the article to spice it up.

Nice one :)

Doubt it
      Last edited: Jun 17, 2010
    3. Josiahb
      Josiahb
      I don't, we will all die eventually, its the big full stop on the end of life after all. Don't think a solar flare will be what kills any of us however.
    4. BosonMichael
      BosonMichael
      Never said you did. But the title of this article (and this thread) clearly says "devastation".

And by "flavour", you mean "talking out of his backside". :rolleyes: Either he doesn't know what the word "devastation" means, or he DOES know what it means and has no problem lying in order to gain eyeballs.
    5. ThomasMc
      ThomasMc
      Based on most of the tosh that makes it to print, I would hazard a guess that most journalist don't seem to have any issues with the above.
    6. ScoobyDoo
      ScoobyDoo
      I'm buying shares in the sun lotion companies.
    7. greenbrucelee
      greenbrucelee
      I think you will find that if you look intohow a pryus is made and how the parts get to the factory and where they come from the carbon emissions produced are less than taking any car and driving it around the world.

The parts for the pryus come from china, Germany, USA and somewhere else.

All the parts are taken to the factory in the Japan by boat and truck.

China and the US though will soon start producing them at the moment its only produced in Japan
    8. zebulebu
      zebulebu
      Just like they are for every other car in the world.