Microsoft's Windows 8 OS - 3 'flavours'

Discussion in 'News' started by SimonV, Apr 18, 2012.

1. SimonV
    Honorary Member

SimonV Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Microsoft's Windows 8 OS - 3 'flavours'

Microsoft's next operating system will come in just three different flavours, the company has announced. For those with Intel-compatible machines, the OS will be available in two versions - Windows 8 and Windows 8 Pro. And for those with devices, largely tablets, powered by ARM-designed chips there will be a Windows RT version.

Full story: here

Last edited: Apr 18, 2012
    Certifications: MOS Master 2003, CompTIA A+, MCSA:M, MCSE
    WIP: Keeping CF Alive...
porta2_tags:

Comments

1. Boffy
      Boffy
      I'm happy that Microsoft have finally sorted this out. The current W7 different versions are so confusing even for most techies!
    2. JK2447
      JK2447
      Less is more :)
    3. Gav
      Gav
      There's also an Enterprise one, which the BBC seem to have ignored.
    4. onoski
      onoski
      Read on my twitter page as someone posted Microsoft is to now rename windows 8 as windows server 2012. Just gets more confusing I'd say:)
    5. dazza786
      dazza786
      is that what you keep telling the missus? ;)
    6. Sparky
      Sparky
      Would have to agree - it was fine with XP with the home and pro versions. :)
    7. supernova
      supernova
      Surely there will be 4 versions? Home, Professional, WinRT and the Enterprise edition available via SA (which I have also seen mentioned by Microsoft somewhere)
    8. supernova
      supernova
      Yes they got it wrong, unless they are referring to retail versions which may be the case (Enterprise isn't available via retail)