Microsoft Outwits Blaster Worm

Discussion in 'News' started by SimonV, Aug 18, 2003.

1. SimonV
    Honorary Member

SimonV Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Microsoft Outwits Blaster Worm

The second wave of an Internet attack by the "blaster" worm barely caused a ripple Saturday.

Microsoft Corp. said it had no major problems from the worm's attempt to turn thousands of infected computers into instruments targeting the software company's Web site and network.

full story

Certifications: MOS Master 2003, CompTIA A+, MCSA:M, MCSE
    WIP: Keeping CF Alive...
porta2_tags:

Comments

1. flex22
      flex22
      Somebody's gonna hang for this partner
      :cowboy
    2. tripwire45
      tripwire45
      I hate to say it, but this whole "Blaster Worm" thing seems a little odd. Why go through the trouble to orchestrate a major attack on M$, have the whole thing leaked out so that masses of M$ OS users will have time to download patches from M$, then have the whole thing end up being a "ripple"?

Could this be M$'s latest ploy to have users download more junk from them??? :croc
    3. flex22
      flex22
      Tripwire45 said: "This whole "Blaster Worm" thing seems a little odd."

Your right Tripwire.

I think it's more than a little odd, I've been thinking on it somewhat and I think it's downright baffling. :hhhmmm

There's more to this than meets the eye :ivn
    4. Jakamoko
      Jakamoko
      I know what you guys mean by the above, but I can't remember if it was here or elsewhere I read that the Blaster "creator(s)" had mistaken time & date differences around the Globe in the worm code, which meant that what was meant to be a precisely orchestrated attack turned into a bit of a farce.

This then forced them to re-schedule the "attack" for Saturday, by which time any of us with our heads screwed on were prepared for it !