Microsoft offers to help Firefox into Vista

Discussion in 'News' started by Mr.Cheeks, Aug 22, 2006.

1. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

Microsoft offers to help Firefox into Vista

The head of Microsoft's open source business has offered help to get Firefox to work with the upcoming Vista operating system, but it remains to be seen if Mozilla and the open source community will respond positively to the gesture.

Sam Ramji, director of Microsoft's open source software lab, posted an open invitation to work with Microsoft on a Mozilla development discussion group on Monday....

To read the rest of this article, click here...

porta2_tags:

Comments

1. Boycie
      Boycie
      interesting... i wonder if they will assist. :blink

Si
    2. Mr.Cheeks
      Mr.Cheeks
      probably M$ actually require the help and hoping to learn some tricks of the trade from these bad-boyz!
    3. zimbo
      zimbo
      thats what is *worrying* me... what is MS up to? :blink
    4. JonnyMX
      JonnyMX
      I am Gates of Microsoft.

You will be assimilated.

We will add your technological distinctiveness to our own.

Competition is futile...

:borgsmile
    5. ffreeloader
      ffreeloader
      I always knew there was something weird about you. I just couldn't put my finger on it. Now I know what it is.... :twisted:
    6. ffreeloader
      ffreeloader
      MS has had an open source lab since very early in 2004. It's actually pretty big as it has a few hundred servers running just about anything you can think of integrating into a network with MS products.
    7. Boycie
      Boycie
      For their own gain, of course. I hope the Mozilla boys don't get shafted like the Mandriva team did.

Si
    8. Mr.Cheeks
      Mr.Cheeks
      Who is Mandriva? Was that people who done Opera?