Microsoft begs Windows 7 testers to start from scratch

Discussion in 'News' started by Kitkatninja, Apr 10, 2009.

1. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Microsoft begs Windows 7 testers to start from scratch

Microsoft is imploring millions of Windows 7 beta testers to perform a clean install of the forthcoming Release Candidate, rather than upgrade from the beta.

The company claims its telemetry shows that millions of people are running Windows 7 full time. However, it's asking those customers to go through the pain of a clean installation because it wants to test the real-world upgrade experience.

"The RC is about getting breadth coverage to validate the product in real-world scenarios," the company claims on the Engineering Windows 7 blog. "As a result, we want to encourage you to revert to a Vista image and upgrade or to do a clean install, rather than upgrade the existing Beta."

Read the rest of the article here.

Looks like I'm going to have to do this on my personal laptop :rolleyes: Oh well, at least it runs alot better than when it had Vista on it :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
porta2_tags:

Comments

1. Gav
      Gav
      Damn. I didn't know you could upgrade from one beta to another. I just re-formatted back to XP because I was having some problems with 7. Had I know, I'd have just upgraded to the latest beta!