Microsoft and Yahoo seal web deal

Discussion in 'News' started by UKDarkstar, Jul 29, 2009.

1. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

Microsoft and Yahoo seal web deal

Yahoo and Microsoft have announced a long-rumoured internet search deal that will help the two companies take on chief rival Google.

Microsoft's Bing search engine will power the Yahoo website and Yahoo will in turn become the advertising sales team for Microsoft's online offering.

Yahoo has been struggling to make profits in recent years.

But last year it rebuffed several takeover bids from Microsoft in an attempt to go it alone.

Full story : here

Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)
porta2_tags:

Comments

1. BosonMichael
      BosonMichael
      What do you get when you combine poo with poo? :rolleyes:
    2. JK2447
      JK2447
      Yeah I was reading that on the BBC before. Is still don't think they stand a chance against Google. Bing is a dreadful search engine IMO and besides, Google is more than a search engine now. The term "Google it" is an integral part of society now, you can't top that
    3. Boycie
      Boycie
      Lots of it. :D
    4. Josiahb
      Josiahb
    5. demarrer
      demarrer
      I have avoided thinking that Google is white than white, and that it's o.k that their market share remains unchallenged. Especially when you read on the darkreading website, that Google Chrome collects user machine data and browsing habits then sends this information back to google every five hours and that this information could potentially breach a users' privacy. :dry

It should be interesting to see what happens.
    6. BosonMichael
      BosonMichael
      ...none of which is particularly relevant to THIS thread. :rolleyes:

For the record, although I love Google's search engine, I *won't* be using their browser OR their Web-based OS.