MI6 photos "sold on Ebay"

Discussion in 'News' started by Kitkatninja, Sep 30, 2008.

1. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

MI6 photos "sold on Ebay"

A camera sold on Ebay contained photos and confidential records of MI6 terror suspects, according to newspaper reports.

Photographs, fingerprints and confidential documents relating to suspected Al-Qaeda terrorists were allegedly found in the memory of the second-hand Nikon Coolpix camera, which was bought on the auction site for only £17.

The confidential files were discovered after the buyer downloaded his holiday photos. He immediately reported the files to the police, who initially treated it as a joke, according to a report in The Sun.

However, the police subsequently descended on the man's home, seizing his computer and camera equipment.

A spokesman for Hertfordshire Police told the newspaper: "We can confirm we seized a camera after a member of the public reported it. Intelligence officers are investigating."

The police have reportedly replaced the seized equipment, at a cost of £1,000.

Read the whole story here.

-Ken

These are the same people advertising for people on Facebook :rolleyes:

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
porta2_tags:

Comments