Man buys $1,000 worth of iPhone pixels by accident

Discussion in 'News' started by Kitkatninja, Aug 24, 2008.

1. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Man buys $1,000 worth of iPhone pixels by accident

An American man has accidentally spent $999.99 on an iPhone app that does nothing but display a glowing red ruby.

Dubbed "I Am Rich," the app is meant as a status symbol for the wealthy. But in reality, it's a scarlet letter for the gullible.

As reported by our friends at Valleywag, a Jesus Phone user known only as Lee5279xx spilled $1,000 on some red pixels because he was addled enough to think Steve Jobs has a sense of humor.

"I saw this app with a few friends and we jokingly clicked 'buy,' thinking it was a joke, to see what would happen," he says, recalling his ill-fated encounter with the Apple iTunes App Store.

What happened was that when he clicked "buy," iTunes assumed he was interested in buying. "I forgot my wife had 'iclick' activated on my laptop, and it really bought this app for $999."

Read the whole story here.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
porta2_tags:

Comments

1. NightWalker
      NightWalker
      lol :)
    2. Theprof
      Theprof
      lmao, I read about that app a week or so ago. I can't believe that even the rich would want to buy.
    3. wizard
      wizard
      It didn't say whether he attempted to get a refund, aaah well you live and learn :D
    4. nugget
      nugget
      I'm sure that someone will insert the "typical iphone user type" comment here.:twisted:

Can't really say that I pity a fool that would want to buy an app for his iphone for $1000.