Linux is no tougher to manage than Windows

Discussion in 'News' started by tripwire45, Feb 14, 2006.

1. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Linux is no tougher to manage than Windows

People say that a lot, but now there's proof. The proof is in a survey of 200 managers by Enterprise Management Associates, a market research firm. It was sponsored by Levanta, which makes a Linux-based change management product. Here's the bottom line. According to EMA, "Sophisticated management tools now allow Linux management to be fast, effective, and inexpensive. With far lower acquisition costs, Linux is now a cost-effective alternative to Windows." The study examined issues like provisioning, patch management, configuration management, reliability and resource costs, concluding that studies showing large cost differences are outdated.

Read the rest of this story Here

You can read more about this subject at Linux-Watch.com

Certifications: A+ and Network+
porta2_tags:

Comments

1. Boycie
      Boycie
      Interesting read, trip....
      Does make you wonder if even the most die hard MS people will continue to use the Operating System and packages.
      There does seem to be more and more job ads saying things like " Unix, Linux knowledge an advantage"....
    2. Bluerinse
      Bluerinse
      Well I hope that's true, as I intend to go in that direction. I believe Linux is the way forward.
    3. simongrahamuk
      simongrahamuk
      Yup! Me Too! :biggrin
    4. zimbo
      zimbo
      hmmm freddy watch out we coming!! 8)