(ISC)2 Ups CISSP Experience, Endorsement Requirements

Discussion in 'News' started by tripwire45, May 17, 2007.

1. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

(ISC)2 Ups CISSP Experience, Endorsement Requirements

The International Information Systems Security Certification Consortium [(ISC)2] announced yesterday that it will soon raise the work experience requirement for its flagship Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) certification. Currently, candidates are required to have at least four years of experience in IT security. Beginning Oct. 1, that requirement goes up to five. On that date, the company will also begin accepting recommendations only from other CISSPs in good standing. Currently, candidates can get recommendations from other industry professionals if they do not have a CISSP to recommend them.

Read the rest at CertCities.com.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
porta2_tags:

Comments

1. BosonMichael
      BosonMichael
      Shoot... I *might* know one CISSP. I might ought to get it before the requirements change.
    2. mattwest
      mattwest
      Hi Trip,

Thanks for the info thats really useful :D

All i'll say is thank god i'm scheduled to take the course and exam at the beginning of July....... i only know one CISSP (a former instructor) and i'd hate to have to justify my experience when my current boss can justify it just as well.

Thanks again and good luck to anyone going for this cert 8)