IPv6 rollout in 2005 for China and Japan

Discussion in 'News' started by SimonV, Mar 19, 2004.

1. SimonV
    Honorary Member

SimonV Petabyte Poster Gold Member

[​IMG]<font size="3">IPv6 rollout in 2005 for China and Japan</font>

China, Japan, Taiwan and South Korea are all dedicating time and effort to the research and development of Internet Protocol Version 6 (IPv6) technology, according to the Industrial Economics and Knowledge Center (IEK), a division of Taiwan’s Industrial Technology Research Institute (ITRI). IPv6 is the replacement for the more than 20-year-old IPv4 protocol, which is quickly running out of available addresses.

Full Story: digitimes.com

Certifications: MOS Master 2003, CompTIA A+, MCSA:M, MCSE
    WIP: Keeping CF Alive...
porta2_tags:

Comments

1. tripwire45
      tripwire45
      Time for the west to get its head out of the sand and rev up to speed.
    2. Jakamoko
      Jakamoko
      We seem to be messing around with it on our internal network at work (I should really ask more about it) and I've got say, the first time you innocently do an ipconfig, expecting good ol' IPv4, and IPv6 rears it's head above the command prompt - MAN, that is scary !!!!!!!
      :P
    3. Phoenix
      Phoenix
      As someone who has studied IPv6 quite extensivly i find this article a tad inacurate, many of Japan and Koreas major ISPs rolled out IPv6 over a year ago, china may be following suit and the whole region may indeed by working together now, but Japan pretty much ran out if IPv4 addresses a while back, i think they have less than one CLASS A for the whole country
      where as stamford have more than 2 Class As lol

the west wont follow so quickly
      it has no requirement too
      of all the Class 4 addresses, 80% are in the US and Europe, they are so poorly distributed due to the way in which they were first released (unis have huge pools of addresses, IBM and the like dont even have Class As)

thank god for tunneling is all i can say hehe :)