Hosting sites help hackers recruit 'zombies'

Discussion in 'News' started by tripwire45, Jul 28, 2005.

1. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Hosting sites help hackers recruit 'zombies'

Web sites offering free hosting services are increasingly being used by hackers to store and distribute malware, according to Internet security firm Websense. The company said yesterday it had noticed an "alarming" increase in the first two weeks in July in the use of free Web space services for distributing malware such as keyloggers, Trojan horse downloaders and spyware.

For the rest of the story, click Here

Certifications: A+ and Network+
porta2_tags:

Comments

1. Jakamoko
      Jakamoko
      Looks like a bum link there, Trip (unless ZD's servers got compromised by those same malware :biggrin ) - shame as that may affect us at work :(
    2. Phil
      Phil
      :hhhmmm I managed to read it gav
    3. Jakamoko
      Jakamoko
      Cheers Phil. I was just about to edit my post - I finally got it too - took about 3+mins for that to come good tho. :rolleyes:
    4. tripwire45
      tripwire45
      I don't think it's there site per se. I've had trouble connecting to several sites. Early this morning, I couldn't hit Yahoo or TU at all and a few hours ago, CF timed out.
    5. Jakamoko
      Jakamoko
      Wow, glad you said that, Trip - I've noticed the Net is cr@p tonight (over the last 2 hours anyway) Mind you, not helped by my ADSL dropping out more often than I'd like - bloody ISPs !!!

Anyone else notice a slow Net tonight ?
    6. tripwire45
      tripwire45
      I got an IM asking if I could get to TU just now. Wonder if there is a DDoS attack running around out there or something?