Hitting the Fan 101 - a Course in When to Keep Your Mouth Shut

Discussion in 'News' started by tripwire45, Jul 28, 2008.

1. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Hitting the Fan 101 - a Course in When to Keep Your Mouth Shut

Have you ever had a Homer Simpson moment? You know, that moment in your life in which you ask yourself, “What was I thinking?” I am sure we have all had those moments in our life… many times… and the end result? “Doh!” So what I am talking about here? It all started peacefully enough, with one blogger explaining why they would not be reviewing a certain product. Okay, fine. Fair enough. They could not get said hardware to work, thus the review would not be very fair at all. The interesting part begins when the same person alleged that a supporter of said product issued a death threat towards them...

I'm not picking on anyone here, but since any form of text-only communication can occasionally leave even the best of us with "foot-in-mouth disease", I thought I'd post this little cautionary tale from the *Nixed blog.

WAIT! The blog was shut down, so the link won't work. Looks like it might come back up in the near future as "read-only", so I'll leave this here for a little bit. If it goes down forever, I'll remove the thread.

-signed, an embarrassed Trip

Certifications: A+ and Network+
porta2_tags:

Comments

1. Tinus1959
      Tinus1959
      "Sorry, no posts matched your criteria."
    2. UKDarkstar
      UKDarkstar
      Clicked the header and got :

"Shutting Down this Blog.
      July 29th, 2008
      Thomas Holbrook II

In light of recent events, I decided that the best thing to do is to shut down this blog. The entire site will be reorganized a bit. Now it is my turn to shut my mouth for a change.

The rest of the blog will be intact. I just will not post to it anymore."
    3. tripwire45
      tripwire45
      Well, I guess I messed that one up. Sorry.
    4. tripwire45
      tripwire45
      Ok, this will give you something to read:
      Apparently, the content of the blog I intended for you to read when posting this news item, had some rather adverse effects. The "read-only" blog is at *Nixed blog. I don't know if what was written warranted such as drastic response, but that's not my call. Maybe after a "cooling off" period, things will change.

-Trip