Happy New Year

Discussion in 'News' started by SimonV, Dec 31, 2003.

1. SimonV
    Honorary Member

SimonV Petabyte Poster Gold Member

<p align="center">Happy New Year
    </p>

<p align="center">[​IMG]</p>

Hope you like the new look to Certforums, thanks for all the support. See you all in 2004.

Si
    :bdaysmile

Certifications: MOS Master 2003, CompTIA A+, MCSA:M, MCSE
    WIP: Keeping CF Alive...
porta2_tags:

Comments

1. tripwire45
      tripwire45
      Boy, you really believe in taking down the "Christmas Decorations" promptly. My kind of guy. I knew you wouldn't be able to resist tinkering around with the site. Now get off the computer and go snuggle up to your loved one and welcome in the New Year some other way, you techno-addict! :D Have a happy.
    2. flex22
      flex22
      HAPPY NEW.......................................
    3. Jakamoko
      Jakamoko
      HAPPY NEW YEAR for 2004 :!: :!: :!:
      Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2015
    4. flex22
      flex22
      YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!
    5. SimonV
      SimonV
      Flex gets the 1st Post of 2004, lets hope we continue growing into the new year
    6. flex22
      flex22
      Oooops, never thought of that.Hope I carry good vibes :P
    7. Cartman
      Cartman
      All the best to one and all - just got back from the party, so happily inebriated (took a while to spell that!)

Cheers everyone!
    8. Phil
      Phil
      Happy New Year everyone, all the very best for 2004.
    9. tripwire45
      tripwire45
      Let's see...I got off work at 1 p.m. and drove home in pretty icy conditions. Got home, my wife didn't have to go into work until about 3. My son David had arranged to go see LOTR (again) at 3:15 p.m. with a young lady friend and agreed to have his sister tag along. We had to get gas for his car and smog it first (he has a permit but no license yet, so I have to ride "shotgun"). We managed to get all that done. My other son Michael was spending the day with his friend James who lives just around the corner.

I got back home and had piece and quiet for awhile so went through my e-mails, fended off phone calls and did some writing. My son Michael tried to borrow our dvd player since James's was on the fritz but I figured they could settle for their VCR.

David and Co. called around 6:30 p.m. He was planning on going to a dance with his young lady that night but I didn't realize they'd have down time. Brought them all home, made dinner while David and Nicole had a rousing game of chess and then I took them to Nicole's place and from there, they said their transportation was already arranged.

I came back home and watched "Scooby Doo" cartoons with my daughter. My wife got to come home early but was freaked out by the road conditions and wanted me to do the return transport for David. Around 11 or so, after arranging with Nicole's Mom to have David call me when he was ready to come home, I hit the hay for a bit...slept through the whole "midnight" thing since it doesn't mean much to me, and got the call about quarter til 1.

Went over to Nicole's place. Roads weren't that bad. It was still about34 degrees so it was mostly slush. Hung out there for about half an hour chit chatting then dragged David outta there.

I forgot there was a secret arrangement for David to return to Nicole's place at about 8 this morning to make her breakfast while she was still in bed (her Mom and older sister conspired with him). So up I got again around 7 to take the guy to the store for the fixings (after he plundered our fridge) to take him back. I taught him how to make omelets years ago and it remains his favorite breakfast. It's fun to see the "little" (he's 6'2"...only an inch shorter than I am) guy have a girlfriend. He only admitted it to me last night. He's such a "girl magnet" that it's tough to tell sometimes if all these girls are "just friends". He's kind of a big brother to most of them but I guess this one is special. We'll see how things develop.

So here I am at about a quarter to 9 after 6 hours sleep. Can't crash again. Might as well see how everyone else did. Happy, happy, all. How'd everyone else do?
    10. SimonV
      SimonV
      As planned I stayed home for the first time in over 10 year, we went out about 7 to order Chinese food and it was bitterly cold out. We ate the food and washed is down with a couple of cocktails as Rosy had a book on making cocktails as a gift from my niece.

We sat down for the rest of the night with more cocktails and chocolates until just before the stroke of midnight when I went into the kitchen to get the champagne from the fridge and noticed that it was snowing outside.

So when I came back into the living room I opened the curtains and we sat in the window watching all the fireworks from across the estate while drinking champagne with the snow falling outside, it looked great. :D
    11. Rosy
      Rosy
      HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Si has said the rest except that the cocktails were lethally vile! Suppose that may have something to do with not having all the right ingredients and so making up my own substitutes. :oops:
    12. Bruins
      Bruins
      Happy New Year to all my new Friends from acrossed the pond :D
    13. SimonV
      SimonV
      Right back at ya Bruins
    14. tripwire45
      tripwire45
      You live on an estate? Wow! 8)
    15. SimonV
      SimonV
      LMAO :lol: . more like a council estate Trip.
    16. Jakamoko
      Jakamoko
      Happy 2004 once again, Guys :lol:

Just got in from the day's Festivities - glad you all had a great time in a hundred different ways.

Well, we climbed the Hill (ice cold wind at the top, and as I'd just come out of a shower minutes before leaving the house - :badi , I just wanted down ASAP) But that was lightened by the fact that my youngest niece completed the climb for her first time (she's 7) after being defeated last year because of the snow and ice up there.

Retired to the Local as planned, but I just wanted to take it easy, despite my Dad and Brother and company "going for it" like :morebeer was going out of fashion.

Then, on to the party - civilised do. I think what's happening here is that I'm slowly coming to terms with the fact that I start a "real" job next week, lots will change (for the better) and that I'm basically cr@pping myself.

So we're all home now, and I'm glad you all enjoyed it. CertForums looks excellent for our first New Year together, so here's to all of us :!: :D
    17. AJ
      AJ
      Just like to add my bit to all of this.

Like Si, we stayed in as a family and let the kids (12 and 9 yrs old) stay up to see the new year in for the first time. They loved the fact that they stayed up late.

I hope everyone has a happy and prosperous new year and that this forum goes from strength to strength. I do think that if it wasn't for you guys I probably would have given up instead of completing my MCSE. not to mention thinking of going further with the studying. :eek:

Cheers Folks

AJ