Hackers get Windows XP on Apple computers

Discussion in 'News' started by tripwire45, Mar 20, 2006.

1. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Hackers get Windows XP on Apple computers

As expected, hackers have found a way to run Microsoft Corp.'s Windows XP operating system on new Macintosh computers, winning an ad hoc contest and a $13,854 cash prize to boot. Or, make that dual-boot - the way to make a computer switch between two operating systems. Some users of Apple Computer Inc.'s Macs have clamored for such a solution since Apple said it would be switching its computers to Intel Corp.'s chips, putting the feat within reach. Their reasons vary, but a common denominator is that they would like to run Windows-based programs on their Macs. Colin Nederkoorn, a shipping broker in Houston, says he just wants to streamline his work: instead of using his Apple PowerBook computer for some programs and a Windows PC for other tasks, he'd like to just use one machine.

Read the rest of the story Here.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
porta2_tags:

Comments

1. Bluerinse
      Bluerinse
      I think I would rather have Mac OSX on my IBM clones :biggrin
    2. twizzle
      twizzle
      I think it would have been more of a challenge to try to get Dos6.1 on it lol....
    3. supag33k
      supag33k
      Looks like the link has already expired - btw...

Apparently OSX to x86 has already been down before Christmas...it is a bit of a clugge though as the boot process is different:

http://www.osx86.theplaceforitall.com/howto/
    4. onoski
      onoski
      Lets be fair any OS is hackable especially as it was programmed by humans:D

Microsoft because of their somethings buggy and monopolistic software gets the greater hacks. Who said so? Just me with my two pence worth of OP:D
    5. Kitkatninja
      Kitkatninja
      I would like to see them install Mac OSX, Windows Vista and AS400 on a Mac so they can multiboot between the 3... On the other hand, Na...

-ken