Google+ opens social network to everyone

Discussion in 'News' started by GiddyG, Sep 21, 2011.

1. GiddyG

GiddyG Terabyte Poster Gold Member

Google+ opens social network to everyone

Google+ is being opened up for anyone to join after two-and-a-half months in closed testing.

The search firm's latest foray into social networking was initially offered to journalists and people working in technology related fields.

However, members' ability to invite friends meant its user base quickly grew to tens of millions.

Google+ has been praised for several innovative features including its multi person "hangouts" video chat.

Two weeks after it launched, the company announced that its service had attracted 10 million users.

Full Story here

porta2_tags:

Comments

1. Kitkatninja
      Kitkatninja
      Ok, just created an account.... On the plus side, they've got a few games :)
    2. GiddyG
      GiddyG
      Not sure if I will bother. I have enough trouble keeping up with Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
    3. csx
      csx
      New facebook changes has tipped me over the edge. Google+ way forward for me! So simple and I hope it stays that way. Facebook is just overloaded with crap.
    4. Simonvm
      Simonvm
    5. dales
      dales
      I should be getting the Diaspora Alpha invite soon, so that'll be something else to post my family photos to. Diaspora sounds pretty interesting as social networking goes. Logged onto facebook last night and my eyes nearly melted, its good for keeping up with my family but dear god they can't leave the layout alone for one week even!
    6. Simonvm
      Simonvm