Goals for 2019 - Midyear review

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by Kitkatninja, Jun 3, 2019.

1. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Hi All,

Can't believe that it's already June... Following on from previous years (and this thread), time for your appraisal... How are all of you getting on with your goals for this year?

Update for me...

IT Related:

MCSA: Office365 - Completed the Exam 346: Managing Office 365 Identities and Requirements - this has now been superceeded by a different qualification.

CCNA CyberOps course - stopped half way

Non-IT Related:

Finish my Counselling Cert - Tick, completed.

Start my training for my 4th Dan (this is a goal that is going to take a minimum of 4 years) - Tick, started...

Start my next module for my Masters (Technology-enhanced learning: foundations and futures) - Signed up now, however module doesn't start until Feb 2020.

Other not stated at the beginning of year:

Completed the Data Security and Data Protection course
    Almost completed the Lean Management course
    Started studying for the Exchange 2016 exam 70-345 to complete my MCSE: Productivity 2019 (as a replacement for the MCSA Office365)

How are you getting on?

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  2. nisseki

nisseki Byte Poster

I'm currently learning and programming in Java, doing some projects to boost my portfolio and maybe start applying for development positions next year.

dmarsh likes this.
  3. zxspectrum

zxspectrum Terabyte Poster Forum Leader Gold Member

I haven't done much to be fair, only got the base MTA network fundamentals and the base MTA security certificate. I dont really need to do windows certs with my current role, however as there is another role coming up where I work, which is basically SCCM stuff, I am starting to look in to that

Zx

Certifications: BSc computing and information systems
    WIP: 70-680
  4. FlashDangerpants

FlashDangerpants Byte Poster

I don't need any certs this year, but I really do need to know how to deploy (or rebuild) best practice installations of some stuff I have inherited. So I declared May "Ansible month" ... somehow thinking I could learn all I need to about that product in one month. So now June is also Ansible month... hopefully I will be usefully productive in the damn thing some time in July.

Then I just need to learn Kubernetes, Jenkins, OpenStack, Prometheus and Grafana, and a few related bits n bobs. I'm sure this <product><month> thing will work fine for those!

Don't worry, I am not deploying my own OpenStack clusters. That wouldn't end well any time soon.

Certifications: MCITP Exchange 2010, MCSA Svr 2012
    WIP: Exchange 2013
    dmarsh likes this.
  5. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

This year has gone over so fast. I dont think that I've done anything that I thought I would.

VMware Cloud on AWS 2019 Skills exam passed. Really enjoyed studying for this one as I had to watch the Deploy and Manage course which was great.

I sat and failed my first attempt at the VCAP 6.5 DCV Design exam which was a lot harder than I anticipated. I kinda rushed it, we were in Vegas with work and they've started bringing a testing centre with them so I thought I'd try my luck. Failed miserably with 240 or so :( Worst part was that I'd told all of my team that I was going to sit it ha ha! I'll get it rebooked and possibly keep it on the downlow for less pressure....!

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
  6. Jaron78

Jaron78 Gigabyte Poster Forum Leader

ICND 1 down, ICND 2 to go. Hopefully by August for the full CCNA.
    Then a couple of Juniper tests I think. Id like the Junos (JNCIA) and perhaps the Junos Design cert too. Main focus is ICND 2 though.

JK2447 likes this.