Full sentence for virus writer after appeal fails

Discussion in 'News' started by SimonV, Jul 25, 2003.

1. SimonV
    Honorary Member

SimonV Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Full sentence for virus writer after appeal fails

A computer wizard who devised three viruses which between them attacked 27,000 computers in 42 countries must serve his full time behind bars.

Simon Vallor, 22, who devised his trio of "worms" between June and December 2000, was jailed for two years in January after pleading guilty to three counts of releasing a computer virus on the internet.

full story

Certifications: MOS Master 2003, CompTIA A+, MCSA:M, MCSE
    WIP: Keeping CF Alive...
porta2_tags:

Comments

1. flex22
      flex22
      In some ways you've got to feel sorry for the sad $£!??£$$.He's not exactly a hardened criminal so I reckon jail is going to be really tough for him.

However when you think of the damage he caused then you don't feel sorry for him one bit.
      I reckon the judge threw out the appeal to make an example of him and to warn others of what to expect.I think that budding attackers will think again once they realise two years in a cozy (NOT) jail will await them when they are caught.
    2. Kelly
      Kelly
      I'm glad, he's got everything he deserves!

I hope he has a hard time. If that sounds really harsh I'm sorry but I just think ingenious hackers could put there time into something so useful but instead they damage other peoples stuff for no reason and mostly get away with it.

For once, justice has been served! :evil:

GRRRRRRR (did I sound hard then?!) :D