CompTia CSA+

Discussion in 'General CompTIA Certifications' started by Kopite_21, Feb 21, 2017.

1. Kopite_21

Kopite_21 Gigabyte Poster

Good Morning all,

Is anyone interested in doing the new course provided by CompTIA? This looks really interesting: https://certification.comptia.org/certifications/cybersecurity-analyst

Also would it be possible to add a CSA+ Forum under CompTIA Certification Forums?

Certifications: National Diploma IT Advanced ECDL
    WIP: A+
  2. Jaron78

Jaron78 Gigabyte Poster Forum Leader

Morning mate,

I was looking at this a couple of weeks ago as I was thinking of some sort of CyberOps qualification after my CCNA.

I asked the CISO (Chief Information Security Officer) his thoughts of this compared to a CCNA in Cyberops and his response was thus:

"I think it’s much in a muchness. CompTIA is probably more widely recognised from an alignment perspective although Cisco is investing a lot in security so their courses will quickly become recognised. In short I don’t think you need both."

So in short, its either the CompTIA exam or the Cisco Exam...As to which, Im still undecided.

3. rocdamike

rocdamike Byte Poster Gold Member

Interesting. I am also pondering studying for one of these. I think I may be swayed to do the Cisco CCNA Cyberops, even if I can't get a scholarship :)

Would be interested to see how much the course content differs between the two.

Certifications: F5 CTS, LTM | F5-CA | CCNA: Sec | CCNA: R&S | ITIL Foundation
    WIP: AWS Solutions Architect
  4. Jaron78

Jaron78 Gigabyte Poster Forum Leader

I didn't get the Scholarship....God only know why as it seems every other bugger did. I am torn between a CCNA in Cyber Ops or moving onto a CCNP in R&S.

5. Rob1234

Rob1234 Megabyte Poster Forum Leader

Certifications: A few.