Brits enjoy a very merr-e-Christmas

Discussion in 'News' started by SimonV, Jan 5, 2004.

1. SimonV
    Honorary Member

SimonV Petabyte Poster Gold Member

[​IMG]<font size="3">Brits enjoy a very merr-e-Christmas</font>

This Christmas Day saw the internet move closer to joining Only Fools and Horses and James Bond movies as the UK's favourite means of entertainment, with web traffic hitting unprecedented levels.

According to the London Internet Exchange (Linx) traffic on 25 December was almost 50 per cent higher than a year ago.

At its peak, the Exchange saw 22 gigabits of information flowing through its pipes each second, roughly equivalent to 1.3 million emails being sent.

Full Story: vnunet.com

Certifications: MOS Master 2003, CompTIA A+, MCSA:M, MCSE
    WIP: Keeping CF Alive...
porta2_tags:

Comments

1. Sandy
      Sandy
      Well the TV was very poor...
    2. Nelix
      Nelix
      You can say that again Sandy
    3. flex22
      flex22
      Poor :!: It was pathetic :!: :!:
      I don't actually think I watched tv, apart from late evening on xmas day.

I'd list all the awful shows that were on, but I can't be bothered.I didn't watch them anyway.

The worst one I saw advertised was something about David and Victoria Beckham.Oh for the love of G%d, save us.I feel sorry for the poor cameramen/women, they must think "well, just get on with it, I have to feed my family"

They must show those programs to people over and over during torture in Siberian jails, until they confess, which they usually do within minutes of hearing Miss Posh start whining.

:soz Just having a moan, can't afford Discovery, Film channels, all that sky stuff :cry:
    4. Nelix
      Nelix
      It might be quicker and easier to list the good ones that were on. :roll: