Android debuts Ice Cream Sandwich

Discussion in 'News' started by GiddyG, Oct 19, 2011.

1. GiddyG

GiddyG Terabyte Poster Gold Member

Android debuts Ice Cream Sandwich

Google has unveiled the latest version of its industry-leading Android smartphone software.

Ice Cream Sandwich adds a range of new features and a redesigned interface.

The system was launched in partnership with Samsung, whose Galaxy Nexus handset will be the first to use it.

Android's main rival, Apple, released an update to its iOS software last week, although many owners were unable to download it immediately due to overwhelming demand.

Ice Cream Sandwich - also known as Android 4.0 - follows the tradition of naming versions after cakes, confectionary or frozen desserts.

Full Story here

porta2_tags:

Comments

1. Kitkatninja
      Kitkatninja
      Oooo... I wonder when it'll be available for my phone :)
    2. GiddyG
      GiddyG
      Can't wait to see if they can deliver the functionality. It'll give the others a run for their money. :)
    3. Beerbaron
      Beerbaron
      I think I'm going to upgrade my desire to the nexus prime when its released
    4. dales
      dales
      Hopefully they will have sorted out the internal memory problem which is the only thing that I dont like about my desire. I can't install too many apps, even the moveable ones leave a portion on the internal so I quickly run out of space which is annoying cause I have a chonking great sd card that just has media on it and few portions of moveable apps.