Actors paid to queue for Poland's iPhone launch

Discussion in 'News' started by Kitkatninja, Aug 24, 2008.

1. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Actors paid to queue for Poland's iPhone launch

Mobile phone carrier Orange Poland admitted today that it hired actors to stand in line for the country's iPhone debut.

"It was a part of our marketing strategy, the concept was thought up at Orange Poland," the company told the Associated Press. "The aim was to 'warm up' the atmosphere around the launch of the iPhone."

Orange said they set up fake queues in front of about 20 stores around the country. Meanwhile, there were no lines outside of rival Era retail stores which also carry the iPhone in Poland according to several reports.

We assume it's mostly been honest-to-goodness Apple fanatics that queued up across the globe to pay tithe to the Jesus Phone. Apple certainly doesn't seem to have much trouble stirring hearts elsewhere into a froth of consumer zealotry without dipping into the local talent pool.

Read the whole story here.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
porta2_tags:

Comments