Your cert plans for 2013?

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by Sparky, Nov 13, 2012.

1. shadowwebs

shadowwebs Megabyte Poster

gsteer, i think it's do'able also... good luck with them

Certifications: compTIA A+, Apple Certified Technical Coordinator 10.10 (OS X Yosemite, Server and Support)
  2. BrizoH

BrizoH Byte Poster

Same here - even worse I spent several months studying for Route but had to postpone it as I started a new job. Really need to get on it again, I'm hoping some of it's still retained...

Certifications: CCNA, CCNA Security
    WIP: CCNP
  3. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

Cisco is now not even vaguely on the horizon. Potentially gobbling up server certs by the bundle next year. Of course, in and around the degree, which appears to be never-ending!

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  4. Chris F

Chris F Bit Poster

Hoping this year to do A+ N+ And at least my ccent, the sooner i can stop rolling around on peoples toilet floors for a living the better :)

WIP: A+ N+ S+ CCNA
  5. dan.barrett

dan.barrett New Member

I have just started to study for my A+ and will then look at a MS cert for Windows 7

6. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

:eek::eek::eek::blink:rolleyes::oops::eek:

WTF?

Chris F likes this.
  7. dan.barrett

dan.barrett New Member

He's currently a plumber.

BraderzTheDog likes this.
  8. Chris F

Chris F Bit Poster

heheheh yeah :) Plumbing isnt as good as people think. Money wise anyway,and Job satisfaction is pretty much zero :)

WIP: A+ N+ S+ CCNA
    dan.barrett likes this.
  9. Raffaz

Raffaz Kebab Lover Gold Member

Probably none, too busy working on house etc, and its not really required for my current job role :)

Certifications: A+, MCP, MCDST, AutoCAD
    WIP: Rennovating my house
  10. invierno

invierno Nibble Poster

CISSP and CCNA for me. Finally time to look at doing a networking cert beyond N+ :)

Certifications: See Signature
    WIP: Java, Linux
  11. BraderzTheDog

BraderzTheDog Kilobyte Poster

Think it has to be Juniper for me, JNCIA FWV, maybe CCSE or CCNP depending on how I feel.

My main goal is to get as much of / if not all my JAR PPL done :)

Certifications: CCNA R&S, CCNA-SEC, CCSA, JNCIA FWV, MCITP, MCTS, MTA, A+
  12. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

Got up the motivation to start studying for my VCP 5 now instead of next year. Really enjoying reading the official cert guide book from VMware and naturally Scott Lowes Mastering vsphere 5 book has got to be on the list.

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
  13. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

Okay, so my work has played their hand. This is a cert plans thread, but we usually do blended targets as it were, so here are mine:

CERTS

MCSE 2012 (Network Infrastructure)
    Something Exchange-y

PERSONAL

Get the book up on Amazon (the big one - finally)
    Carry on with this little peach of a series - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Great-Bitte...J9FK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1355950863&sr=8-1 (yes, that's a shameless plug)
    Lose weight (still)

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  14. cisco lab rat

cisco lab rat Megabyte Poster

Other than Get the CCIE R&S and CCIE Sec out of the way, not had any time to schedule either Exam I want to hone my hacking skills, Hacking as is Pen Testing type of Hacking rather than black hat etc etc. Also continue with my Physics degree.

Certifications: Yes I pretty much am!!
    WIP: Fizzicks Degree
  15. dmarsh
    Honorary Member 500 Likes Award

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

I started the OCSP the other year, only managed to hack about 30 machines out of 60 though and it took me about a month to do it.

Not that much programming on the OCSP so probably easier for a network person to pass, lot of abuse of network protocols and tunneling etc.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2012
  16. Simonvm

Simonvm Kilobyte Poster

Let me know when you're in Diegem for the lab. We can go for waffles and beer at the Manneken Pis statue while laughing with Walloons. :thumbleft

Certifications: MCITP: EST, MCDST, MCTS, A+, N+, CCNP, CCNA Wireless
  17. mcbro

mcbro Byte Poster

I got my CCNA and MCITP:EA in 2012 so id like to upgrade to that to cover Server 2012 and probably VCP if work pay. Id also like to have a go at the Security+.

Certifications: MCITP:EA, CCNA
  18. millsie

millsie Byte Poster

Yep, has to be the CCNP for me.

I have already started studying for the route exam. Its just going REALLY slow! Need to buckle down so along with being healthier, goes to the top of my resolution list!

Certifications: N+, CCNA, MCDST
    WIP: CCNP route 642-902
  19. cisco lab rat

cisco lab rat Megabyte Poster

What airfield you fly from?

Certifications: Yes I pretty much am!!
    WIP: Fizzicks Degree
  20. Trogdor

Trogdor Kilobyte Poster Gold Member

I think that my 2013 to do list will be much the same as my 2012 one as my degree work has largely shoved any certs to the back seat. I think next year, I will consider CDIA+ (taking free beta), CCENT, CCNA and the OCA good going. If by some miracle, I get through all of that, I may be having a peek at some MS SQL certs.

Certifications: A+, Network+, Server+, PDI+, MCDST, HP APS Server, HP APS Desktop / Laptop
    WIP: ITIL, CCNA, MCSA, and BSc