yay I won a BSCN book

Discussion in 'General Cisco Certifications' started by Pete01, Sep 25, 2005.

1. Pete01

Pete01 Kilobyte Poster

Just got back from my weekend hands on bootcamp which was very intense I must say.

Did lots and LOTS of labs covering all the CCNA practical tasks, I think I can configure/troubleshoot access-lists, OSPF, EIGRP in my sleep now lol.

Need to work more on frame relay and ISDN as I didn't get time to do those labs as many times as I'd have liked to but on the whole I'm very very glad I went, there's nothing like being taught on live routers/switches by CCIE instructors.

As I've spent the last 2 months bashing myself over the head with all the theory stuff, that seems to have paid off as well. We had a 65 question theory/subnetting test, not quite as hard as can be expected in the exam but I came first with 63/65 and won a Cisco press CCNP/CCDP BSCN book!, the guy sitting next to me won a router(from a raffle type draw), but I'm glad I won the book. :biggrin

I'm still not 100% confident with the thoery side of things, but I'm going to focus on practicing the labs at mindtech as they have ATM/ISDN and frame relay.

Got the exam booked for this coming Friday and the week off work..... back to work I think :blink

Certifications: MCP (NT4) CCNA
    WIP: 70-669, Learning MSI packaging
  2. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

Pete,
    Glad you found it worth while. As you say you can't beat being "in the field" having your hands on the equipment for it to sink in to your brain.
    Where did you go to train?

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  3. Pete01

Pete01 Kilobyte Poster

http://www.networksinc.co.uk/

The training is in Milton keynes, the main guy is CCNP, the other guy is CCIE, having done the training now I'd definitely recommend it.

The format is;- when you pay for the course you get sent the theory book and subnetting guide, then on the bootcamp weekend you get a lab book with all the excersises you do on the weekend to take away with you after for practice.

The raffle for a router and CCNP book for winning the theory test are nice touches :D

Certifications: MCP (NT4) CCNA
    WIP: 70-669, Learning MSI packaging
  4. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

Nice one! and Good Luck with the exam! :biggrin

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  5. moominboy

moominboy Gigabyte Poster

nice one mate. good luck in the rest of your course/exams!

slightly off topic but has anyone heard of the bootcamp idea for a+ hands on?

Certifications: ECDL
    WIP: A+
  6. Jonathan

Jonathan Nibble Poster

I went on that bootcamp as well and went on to pass CCNA :p

Having done the exam I would say really read up on the theory side and be able to understand all the diagrams! and those very tricky worded questions :biggrin I failed first time as I concentrated to much on just doing labs and labs and more labs so 2nd brushed up on the theory and got through. In fact 2nd time I had 47 minutes to complete the last question!

Certifications: CCNA
    WIP: CCNP BSCI