1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Writiing a Proposal

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by subz, Feb 15, 2011.

1. subz

subz New Member

Hi Guys

Hope this is posted in the right section.

Ive got the task of writing a proposal of a systems managment solution (KACE v Altiris v SCCM) and have never written one before. Wondered if anyone could give me any points or had one they could upload so I could take a look at?

Cheers

2. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

I'm doing a proposal at the moment actually. For something different, but still...

I started with an overview of the proposal (what it is, why it exists). Then I had a "Considerations" section, for anything that should be considered when making a decision.

Next up is options, although in your case this would likely be a comparison section, further broken down into key areas. Then there is a costings section, detailing the cost options available (I tried to provide multiple options).

Finally, a justification section - detailing the benefits of upgrading (or in your case the benefits of having one at all (if you dont already), and of each one.

In your case, you probably want a final section concluding the proposal. I would avoid personal opinion elsewhere in the document, but in a conclusion you are free to provide a recommendation based on the data presented.

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  3. subz

subz New Member

thanks very much thats given me something to think about.

4. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

If you have a bit of time have a look around on the Microsoft website for office templates. You can do a search for them through Word, looking for templates online. I think there are a couple of them there that you could use to get you started.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685