1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

working

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by morph, Oct 29, 2009.

1. morph

morph Byte Poster

away from home in another country in a rubbish hotel is boring and arse .....

Certifications: Network +, ITIL Foundation, CCENT, CCNA
    WIP: server/ccna security
  2. jk2447

jk2447 Petabyte Poster Moderator

I hear ya. Have you got kids? Even worse if you do IMHO

Certifications: BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, VCP4, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VCP5, VCP6-NV
  3. dazza786

dazza786 Megabyte Poster

aslong as you have a laptop an internet connection and a nearby pub, you should be fine :p
    ..i would be

Certifications: MCP (271, 272, 270, 290, 291, 621, 681, 685), MCDST, MCTS, MCITP, MCSA, Security+, CCA(XA6.5)
  4. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

SPoken like a true Englishman. Experience the rich cultures of distant countries... perched on a bar stool :biggrin

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  5. BosonMichael
    Highly Decorated Member Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

I was in another country in a hotel with mosquitoes and a squatty potty... without my computer... in a room by myself... and I didn't find it to be "boring and arse". :)

Make the most of every moment, mate.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  6. morph

morph Byte Poster

i hear u all - Boson - good point ;) Have been putting up wireless AP's and surveying a coms room for attatching our German office to our WAN, all good stuff - all good learning experience - dont know about anyone else - but i cannot sleep in hotels - i need me own bed :D

ps - i cant go drinking on my own, it reminds me of those adverts.. Do you drink alone ? err..yes...your an alcoholic :D

Certifications: Network +, ITIL Foundation, CCENT, CCNA
    WIP: server/ccna security
  7. GiddyG

GiddyG Terabyte Poster Gold Member

Know what you mean... I have the TV on, laptop by my side and tend to drift in and out of sleep... :)

Enjoy the experience though... wish I could be putting up APs and messing around in Comms rooms... :(

8. millermccullum

millermccullum New Member

Hey Morph.
    Myself Millermccullum and I read your entire posting. Welcome to the forum Morph. According to your problem I am suggesting to you that You are absolutely right. Your job is such a boring job. If you feel uncomfortable, leave that and find new job. Anyways Thanks. Stay Connected.

9. westernkings

westernkings Gigabyte Poster

wow! did I just have an acid trip?

Certifications: MCITP:VA, MCITP:EA, MCDST, MCTS, MCITP:EST7, MCITP:SA, PRINCE2, ITILv3
  10. Mkid

Mkid Bit Poster

:eek: :biggrin

Certifications: N+ MCSA
    WIP: Exchange
  11. Ubergeek

Ubergeek Bit Poster

That make sense....... Spent 8 years in Germany and their Cities aren't the best in the world.

Beer and women were quite good (usually combined!).

Certifications: MCP, MCSA, MCSE 2K3
    WIP: VCP, MCSE 2K3 (Security)
  12. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Just get a book\paper and have a few beers in the bar. Better if you find a bar showing the football, just watch the game and have a few beers, happy days! :biggrin

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Exchange 2007\2010