Problem Wireless capabality Not getting detected??

Discussion in 'Wireless' started by shocksl, May 13, 2013.

1. shocksl

shocksl Byte Poster

Regards DELL Inspiron Mini10 v10.11

Hi guys

I just installed windows 7 on my netbook witch was on XP before.

Unfortunately now the wireless Has stopped working.

I have downloaded the latest driver from the dell website...also I have checked in Device Manager and the wireless card seems to be ok and is detected. (no yellow explanation marks). I have also made sure the network adapater is enabled.

I just cant get round , why it's still not working. for me to enable the wireless capability, I have to click on F2. But that doesnt seem to respond! when I was on XP, it used to say enabled or disabled on the screen. but it doesnt say anything now.

What can this be??

I hope someone can help

2. shadowwebs

shadowwebs Megabyte Poster

Have you checked bios to see if it's disabled in there, otherwise have you tried using the FN key with F2 to see if you get any joy

Certifications: compTIA A+, Apple Certified Technical Coordinator 10.10 (OS X Yosemite, Server and Support)
    shocksl likes this.
  3. shocksl

shocksl Byte Poster

yes its enabled in bios and i can see its working in device manager. tried F2 with FN and still no joy :'(

4. shadowwebs

shadowwebs Megabyte Poster

is the network card in your netbook compatible with windows 7?

Certifications: compTIA A+, Apple Certified Technical Coordinator 10.10 (OS X Yosemite, Server and Support)
  5. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Have you installed the chipset driver?

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs