Windows store for domain users

Discussion in 'Software' started by shadowwebs, Sep 17, 2015.

1. shadowwebs

shadowwebs Megabyte Poster

The college I work for has purchased 20+ MS Surface's for students and they login with a Windows domain account, the problem now is that they want to download apps from the windows store, but this isn't working... any ideas on how to get around this?

One option I was thinking of is to link the students domain account with their own private Microsoft account, but then they 'll need to do this manually on each device they sign in to, is this correct?

Otherwise, does Windows 10 work better for the windows store, as currently they're using Windows 8.1?

Thanks

Certifications: compTIA A+, Apple Certified Technical Coordinator 10.10 (OS X Yosemite, Server and Support)
  2. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Would bump them up to Windows 10 regardless mate :)

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  3. shadowwebs

shadowwebs Megabyte Poster

that's my thought also, just trying to convince the boss... Windows 10 is a lot easier for a user coming from Windows 7 to naturally get grips with, but that's just my thinking by look of things... some of my colleagues won't even download Windows 10 at home yet, as they're worried about the bugs, we're techs! bugs don't scare us!

Certifications: compTIA A+, Apple Certified Technical Coordinator 10.10 (OS X Yosemite, Server and Support)
  4. zxspectrum

zxspectrum Terabyte Poster Forum Leader Gold Member

There will need to be some sort of account set up with Msoft so that those students can get what they want, obviously within reason. We are looking to do it with student Ipads at work, so our line manager will need to liaise with the relevant dept, see what they want and then sort out the financial side of things.

Hope that helps?

Ed

Certifications: BSc computing and information systems
    WIP: 70-680