1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows 9

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by shadowwebs, Jan 16, 2014.

1. shadowwebs

shadowwebs Megabyte Poster Forum Leader

So, I have just been reading that Microsoft will be having a developers conference this April to discuss the next Windows coming out, expecting this to be called Windows 9 to carry on the last couple of versions namesakes.

What are your thoughts on this? What changes would you like to see?

Certifications: compTIA A+, Apple Certified Technical Coordinator 10.10 (OS X Yosemite, Server and Support)
  2. BraderzTheDog

BraderzTheDog Kilobyte Poster

Proper start menu would be nice.

Certifications: CCNA R&S, CCNA-SEC, CCSA, JNCIA FWV, MCITP, MCTS, MTA, A+
    Bluerinse likes this.
  3. Josiahb

Josiahb Gigabyte Poster

That dream will go up in smoke fast I think.

Certifications: A+, Network+, MCDST, ACA – Mac Integration 10.10
  4. Arroryn
    Honorary Member

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed

Funnily enough I don't miss the start bar. Or anything about older versions of Windows. I really quite like Windows 8. The only thing that annoys me is the odd bugs and occasional compatibility issues with the preloaded metro apps. I solve that by not using them!

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  5. greenstarthree

greenstarthree Nibble Poster

Id be inclined to agree Arroryn. It took a while but I now prefer it, when it works. And it works more and more often now.

I think with Windows 9 it would be nice to shake off the "split personality" feel that 8 still has, though. But if they're ever going to go full Metro they'll need to put a lot of effort into making sure the apps are reliable.

Certifications: MCSA 70-640, MCSA 70-642
    WIP: MCSA 70-646, MCSA 70-417